Welcome to Ruby's Heavenly Treasures.

Please look on the side bar for a new idea I have for memorializing our loved ones, they are beautiful flower pictures with your child's name and the meaning of their name.

This is a blog site for parents who have received a hat for their child to come and see the inspiration behind the hats that I make.

It is also intended for other crocheters and knitters in the Markham, Ontario area to donate hats to Sick Kids or find free patterns to give to their local hospitals.

My daughter Ruby was 21 months old when she passed away suddenly to a complication of RSV that resulted in brain death.

She was (and still is) one of the most precious joys in my life.

This blog will always be in construction and please know that my thoughts and prayers are with you as your child goes through their treatment.

My wish for them is to come home as quickly as possible.If you are here because your child has passed away, my deepest condolances go out to you.
I know what it is like to have lost a child and it's one of the most painful things anyone should never have to go through.

Please feel free to share your comments and pictures of your child in one of my hats.

Please email me at rubys_ht@yahoo.ca

Much love, Denise
(a forever grieving mom just trying to make a difference)



Saturday, June 7, 2008

Grief Poetry

Do Babies Grow Up In Heaven? ~ author unknown

Will I know my baby when we meet again?
Will he have grown up, not be the infant that died in my arms?
Or will he be a stranger to me, not knowing who I am,
Or me knowing him?

Do babies grow up in Heaven?
He never got his first tooth, or said his first words.
No first shoes, no Santa, no first birthday cake.
Will my son still be the baby when we meet again?

Do babies grow up in Heaven?
Who sings him precious lullabies?
Who holds him close and kisses him everyday?
Who tells him constantly that they love him?

Do babies grow up in Heaven?
When we next meet, will he know me?
Will he want to know me?
Will he be my son who died at three months, or a man, fully grown?
Will I have the joy of being a mother to my son for all eternity?

Do babies grow in heaven?
Will I be able to hold him, love him, sing lullabies to him?
Will I be able to hold his tiny hand, or will it be a man's hand?
Will I ever have the joy that only holding my son can bring?
I need to know! In heaven, is my baby still a baby?

~~~~~*****~~~~~*****~~~~~*****~~~~~

Goodbye by Tammy Marie Denue

I always took for granted,
What I thought I'd never lose.
Because I never thought it would happen,
Until I heard the dreaded news.

They said you were chosen for His garden,
His preciously hand picked bouquet.
"God really needed him,
That's why he couldn't stay."

Saying goodbye is never easy,
It's the hardest thing to do.
But what hurts me even more,
Is not the chance to say it to you.

So today, Jesus, as you are listening
In Your home above;
Would you go and find my dad,
And give him all my love!

~~~~~*****~~~~~*****~~~~~*****~~~~~

0 comments: