Welcome to Ruby's Heavenly Treasures.

Please look on the side bar for a new idea I have for memorializing our loved ones, they are beautiful flower pictures with your child's name and the meaning of their name.

This is a blog site for parents who have received a hat for their child to come and see the inspiration behind the hats that I make.

It is also intended for other crocheters and knitters in the Markham, Ontario area to donate hats to Sick Kids or find free patterns to give to their local hospitals.

My daughter Ruby was 21 months old when she passed away suddenly to a complication of RSV that resulted in brain death.

She was (and still is) one of the most precious joys in my life.

This blog will always be in construction and please know that my thoughts and prayers are with you as your child goes through their treatment.

My wish for them is to come home as quickly as possible.If you are here because your child has passed away, my deepest condolances go out to you.
I know what it is like to have lost a child and it's one of the most painful things anyone should never have to go through.

Please feel free to share your comments and pictures of your child in one of my hats.

Please email me at rubys_ht@yahoo.ca

Much love, Denise
(a forever grieving mom just trying to make a difference)



Saturday, June 7, 2008

Useful Links

Below are some links that I have found useful. I will continue to add more as time allows. Please note that I am not responsible for what you may find on other websites, I am just trying to provide resources. =)


Bereavement Websites and Support

Snowflakes Of Hope ~ mama who makes crocheted snowflakes for those who have lost a child through miscarriage and stillbirth

Baby Steps ~ great resource with child, family stories to connect with

Silent Grief ~ Christian support for child loss

Bereaved Families Of Ontario ~ support for Ontario families

Alone Alive ~ support for parents who have lost their only child or all their children

Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep ~ volunteer photographers take pictures of your passed on baby for free

M.I.S.S. Foundation ~ support for children, adults on child grief

National Share Office ~ has a newsletter, forums for prenatal and infant loss

CGEA Children's Grief Education Association ~ resource for helping parents help children through grief, not just death but other situations, this site has been Very helpful to us personally in helping our daughter deal with her grief
~~~~~*****~~~~~*****~~~~~*****~~~~~

Memorials and Keepsakes Stores

Grief Watch ~ books, jewellery and all kinds of nice stuff

Carla's Angels ~ has beautiful handmade angels, she does custom ones and sells them in her store

My Forever Child ~ keepsakes and jewellery for rememberance, healing and hope

~~~~~*****~~~~~*****~~~~~*****~~~~~

0 comments: